Friday, October 31, 2008

To Rachel

This is for anyone to read so you know. I wanted a way that I could let people know the Rachel that I know and love. You never know what you say to someone that will stick with them and will be something that they remeber for a lifetime.

I'm so excited that on Saturday my cousin Rachel is marrying Aron Carpenter. She has been one of my amazing friends and I'm blessed that she is my cousin. And I want the world to know how special this wedding day really is. I don't know how many times her and I have talked about us getting married but there is one time in particular that I have never forgotten .In1997 or 1998 our family was in Gaitlinburg, TN for vacation and Rachel and I shared a room, one night we got on the subject of marriage and she told me that she wasn't going to get married unless she could have a marriage like our grandparents and her parents had. At the time I thought WOW she will never get married if that is what she is setting her standards at, but I knew that she was as stubborn as I am and she wouldn't budge on that desire. I can't tell you how much that means to me that she has kept that desire to only marry the one that God has for her and won't take anything but the best for her.Because she knew that the only way for her to have that kind of marriage was only takin God's best. I know when I see her and Aron together that their marriage can definitely be headed in the same way that my grandparents marriage was. I so believe in my heart and soul that Rachel has choosen God's best for her. With every boyfriend that Rachel has had this memory has replayed in my mind and it became my prayer that if she wasn't going to have a marriage like my Grandparents then lead Rachel to what's right for her.
When she made that comment she was only 18 or 19 years old and for 10 years she has kept that a solid standard for whomever God had for her. I can only pray that Sara, Melinda, Sarah, JL, Caleb, Marshall, Jon, Ben, & myself can be as focused on what we want in a marriage that will last as she has been waiting for Aron. And to know that Rachel and Aron have kept themselves for their spouses is amazing in this day and age. Rachel has always led the way for me, she has shown me what I should do, what I should never do (never say there is nothing to eat in the house). Eventhough the older we get we don't get the time to hang out as much as we used to, I know that if I need someone she will be there for me no matter what.

Rachel, I love you and I'm so excited for this next chapter that you are going into. You have made an impact in me that you will never know the complete impact on this side of Heaven.

To anyone else that has read this: The decisions you make today will impact your future. Decide who you will be and be that 100% stick to your convictions and don't falter because in the end the risk is never worth the price.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Jennie....Thank you so much...I can not begin to tell you what your words and expressions of the heart meant to me. I, of course, cried reading that...but for the best reasons. We serve a great God! He has blessed me far beyond what I deserve. He has been faithful when I have been unfaithful. He has sustained when I have been weary. He graced me with an amazing family and a wonderful man I will VERY soon call my husband.

Jennie--thank you for loving and supporting and praying for me. You are my cousin and great friend. I couldn't ask for me. I love you.