Monday, October 13, 2008

Legacy


Just a few weeks ago my cousin Zack and his wife Amanda welcomed a new life into the world Skylar Audra Young. It is so awesome to know the family legacy that she has in front of her and she doesn't even understand it yet. It will be a year ago that my family found out that my Grandma Mason was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. At that time everyone was telling me how blessed I was with the legacy that I had, but I never realized it until then. My Grandparents came from "good blood" both of their parents were Christian people and raised their children right. Since my Grandma Mason has gone to Heaven I have been really lucky to get to meet my grandparents siblings and see the different things that make me who I am. From personality to simple things like my dimple or fingers.
Today my family found out that my Grandma Young will be shortly going to heaven within the next few days. This is my last living Grandma that I have, even though she wasn't a "blood" relative she was just as much a Grandma to me as my blood ones. I have always had three Godly Grandma's that have always been there to help me when I needed it. But I realized tonight that everyone that had the privilege to know them have been so blessed. Both Grandma Mason and Grandma Young have really been blessed to have the opportunity to have left such a strong legacy in all of their grandchildren. Rachel, Aron, Zack, Amanda, Sara, JL, Caleb, Melinda, Sarah, Marshall, Jon, Ben, & Myself have been given a gift of a strong legacy that we can't get rid of... we can choose not to honor the legacy but we can't get rid of it. If we choose to ignore it all we will do is ruin it for ourselves, we will end up unhappy and regretting so much. I think that we have to decide whether we want to leave a legacy of happiness and Godliness or sadness and sin.

No comments: