Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Challenge

This Christmas my small group that I am in has decided to adopt a family this year for Christmas. I'm so excited you really have no idea how excited I am about this. For the last 15 years my dad and I got to deliver gifts to families from "Mrs. Claus" and it has forever changed me because most of these families would have had nothing if it wasn't for the gifts that they received. So a couple weeks ago Pastor Brenda challenged us to something different this year, some people are doing just 3 gifts like the wise men or giving to a charity instead of giving people things that they don't need. At that point I decided that I wanted to be the one who made a difference in some one's life. I take care of an elderly woman and go to school so I really don't have much money just laying around after bills get paid, so I suggested it to my small group and they have jumped on this wagon with me. Today I went to the store to get everyday items and I saw something for one of the kids and I bought it, I can not express how awesome I felt inside knowing that this was going to someone who has no idea that someone who has never met them is this excited getting this present for them. I can not wait until my group is able to put everything together and take this to the family. My hope is that we can change Heaven one person at a time:)

No comments: